The core functions of the Financial Services Regulatory Commission, Nevis Branch are:
- Be the ultimate regulatory body for financial services and for anti-money laundering for St. Kitts and Nevis .
- Maintain a general review of the operation of all regulated entities
- Monitor financial services business carried on in or from St. Kitts and Nevis and to take action against persons carrying on unauthorised business
- Monitor compliance by regulated persons with the Proceeds of Crime Act, the Anti-Terrorism Act and such Acts, regulations, codes or guidelines relating money laundering of financing of terrorism.
- Monitor the effectiveness of the relevant enactments in providing for the supervision and regulation of financial services business carried on in or from St. Kitts and Nevis in accordance with internationally accepted standards.
- Authorise and examine the affairs or business of a regulated entity for the purpose of satisfying itself that the provisions of relevant legislation and regulations are complied with and that a regulated entity is in a sound financial position and is managing its business in a prudent manner;